Monday 7 March 2011

Teachings of Swami Vivekananda

BLESSED IS THE COUNTRY IN WHICH HE WAS BORN, BLESSED ARE THEY WHO LIVED ON THIS EARTH AT THE SAME TIME, AND BLESSED, THRICE BLESSED ARE THE FEW WHO SAT HIS FEET.
Teachings
1.As I grow older..I find that I look more and more for greatness in little things...Anyone will be in a great position. Even the coward will grow brave in the glare of the footlights. The world looks on! More and more the true greatness seems to me that of the worm doing its duty silently, steadily, from moment to moment and hour to hour.
2.I will sleep without caring what will be next; and may be born again and again, and suffer thousands of miseries so that I may worship the only God that exists, the only God I believe in, the sum total of all souls-and, above all, my God the wicked, my God the miserable, my God the poor of all races, of all species, is the special object of my worship.
3.Whenever death approaches me, all weakness vanishes. I have neither fear, nor doubt, nor thought of the external. I simply busy myself making ready to die. I am as hard as that- and the stones struck one another in his hand- for I have touched the feet of God.
4.I will go into a thousand hells cheerfully, if I can rouse my countrymen, immersed in tamas, to stand on their own feet and be men inspired with the spirit of karma yoga.
5. To reach the eternal consciousness, that is the goal of man!There emotion has no place, nor sentimentalism, nor anything that belongs to the senses- only the light of pure reason. There man stands as spirit. ... You are infinite, deathless, birthless. Because you are infinite spirit, it does not befit you to be a slave. ....Arise! Awake!
6.Religion is neither talk, nor theory, nor intellectual consent. It is realization in the heart of our hearts; it is touching God; it is feeling, realizing that I am a spirit in relation with the Universal Spirit and all Its great manifestations.
7. Life is a series of lights and disillusionments. ... The secret of life is not enjoyment, but education through experience.
8. The more heart you will be able to manifest, the greater will be the victory you achieve. It is only a few that understand the language of the brain, but everyone, from the Creator down to a clump of glass, understands the language that comes from the heart.
9. I am glad I was born, glad I suffered so, glad I did make big blunders, glad to enter peace. I leave none bound, I take no bonds. Whether this body will fall and release me or I enter into freedom in the body, the old man is gone, gone for ever, never to come!
10.Bible says " If you cannot love your brother whom you have seen, how can you love God whom you have not seen?...I shall call you religious from the day you begin to see God in men and women, and then you will understand what is meant by turning the left cheek to the man who strikes you on the right.
11.The duty of every aristocracy is to dig its own grave, and the sooner it does so, the better. The more it delays, the more it will fester and the worse death it will die.

No comments:

Post a Comment