Monday 7 March 2011

Extracts from Holy Bible

Is there a God?
Why is man so noble, yet so week and sinful, all at the same time? What can be done about it? How should people behave?
PSALM 25
4 Show me your ways, O LORD;
Teach me Your paths.
5 Lead me in your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day.
PSALM 27
1 THE Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
PSALM 31
1 IN You, O LORD, I put my trust;
Let me never be ashamed;
Deliver me in Your righteousness.
2Bow down your ear tome,
Deliver me speedily;
Be my rock of refuge,
A fortress of defense to save me.
PSALM 62
8 Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.

PROVERBS
16:8 Better is a little with righteousness.
Than vast revenues without justice.

THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO MATTHEW
25:42 For I was hungry and you gave Me no food;
I was thirsty and you gave me no drink;
25:43 I was stranger and you did not take Me in,
naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.
6:22The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.
6:23But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
7:7 Ask, and it will be given to you: seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
5:44But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.
5:45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and send rain on the lust and unjust.
5:46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax 
collectors do the same?




OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST
    THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO MATHEW
Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light, and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. 10:27
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 10:28
And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 13:4
Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 13:5
But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away 13:6
And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 13:7
But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 13:8
He who has ears to hear, let him hear. 13:9
You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 5:14
Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 5:15
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.


The Gospel According to Luke
24:36 Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, "Peace to you."
24:37 But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirrit.
24:38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?

St. John
5:19 Then Jesus answered and said to them,"Most assuredly,I say to you,the Son can do nothing of Himself,but what he sees the Father do;for whatever He does,the Son also does in like manner.
5:20 For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel.
5:30 I can of Myself do nothing.As I hear,I judge;and My judgement is righteous,because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.
 
CORINTHIANS
STRIVING FOR A CROWN

9:24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.
9:25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown.
9:26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.
9:27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.


No comments:

Post a Comment