Thursday 10 March 2011

Extracts from Srimad Bhagavad Gita

Chapter IX
34.Let your mind be absorbed in Me. Be devoted to Me, sacrifice unto Me and bow down to Me. Thus, having Me as your highest goal, and united with Me in mind, you shall come to Me alone.


Chapter XI
49. Fear not; nor be bewildered at seeing this awe-inspiring form of Mine. With fear assuaged and a heart full of joy, behold now this, my familiar form, again!

55. Whoever works for Me, looking upon Me as the goal; whoever is My devotee, free from attachments and from antagonism to any being-such a man, O son of Pandu, shall enter into Me?


Chapter XIV
15. I abide in the hearts of all. From Me arise the remembrance and knowledge of the spiritual Verity as also their effacement. The original teacher of the Vedanta I am, as also the knower of the Veda.

19. He who knows Me in this way as the Purusottama, he understands the true nature of this Totality, and he loves and adores Me with his whole being.


Chapter XVI
64. Listen again to My supreme word, the profoundest of all spiritual teachings. You are well beloved of Me; and so I shall tell you what is beneficial to you.

65. Let your mind be engrossed in Me. Be devoted to Me. Offer worship to Me. Be resigned to Me. Beloved as you are of me, I pledge in truth you shall come to Me alone.




No comments:

Post a Comment